- Graham, Miller, Weingart, “The Limits of Big Data“ The Historian’s Macroscope
- Cohen, “From Babel to Knowledge: Data Mining Large Digital Collections”
- Meeks, “Is Digital Humanities Too Text-Heavy?“
- Edward Tufte, The Visual Display of Quantitative Information
- Franco Moretti, Graphs, Maps Trees, and Burke, response to Graphs, Maps, Trees
- Friendly, Gallery of Data Visualization: The Best and Worst of Statistical Graphics Gallery.
- Tufte et al, PBS Off Book, The Art of Data Visualization
- Schulten, 11 of the most influential infographics of the 19th century
- Meeks, Everything is a Graph and Drawing It as Such is Always the Best Thing to Do
- Bergman, A Changing Outlook on Climate (scroll down to Bergman article)
- Julie Meloni, “Working with APIs”, parts 1, 2, and 3.
- Google, Introduction to Databases.
- CHNM, Omeka Introductory video.
- Scott Weingart, Demystifying Networks
- Visitor study for the Smithsonian Mobile app
- The Smithsonian’s Mall Museum Mobile Service
- Nancy Proctor, Evaluation-Led Mobile Experience Design (watch video and read supporting materials)